Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Web Shooting

I have been working on a series of marketing photos for my employer's new website which is several years in the making. The images are to be used for the rotating flash banner. The banner is to have it's graphic element on the right side. The banner is 960 x 321 pixels. Subsequently the Rule of Thirds is out the window. I am basically shooting "Halves" where I cut the photo down the middle and stuff on the right is in focus and the stuff on the left is a blurred out.

In my camera cabinet I found a truly great lens. It is a Nikkor 85mm 1:1.4. I had the University pick up a Canon FS-72U lens filter set with a ND 8 neutral density filter. With the combination of the super fast 1.4 aperture and the ND 8 I can get extremely tight depth of field. Here are a few examples.

Web Banner-1
Web Banner-2
Web Banner-3

No comments:

Post a Comment