Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tweeting Breeds Following

I just got an email that broadcast equipment retailer Markertek is now following me on twitter. A few days ago I tweeted about the process I am undergoing of creating a plan for a new post-production studio for the university. I mentioned Markertek by name with a link to their site.

From what I surmise is that companies are actively searching for tweets about themselves and following those that say good things. I find myself doing the same thing with flickr. I search for content that concerns the university then seek creators of that content. This is an effective way to add high quality followers of your social network content. Good marketing in this instance may be more about having the right audience then the right message.

No comments:

Post a Comment