Tuesday, April 14, 2009

StumbleUpon Buttons

StumbleUpon
I've recently been turned on to StumbleUpon by a co-worker. It is a website that is truly web surfing at its best. Instead of surfing by keywords or by links on a webpage, you surf by recommendations. Basically it's social networking where someone else does the surfing and you reap the benefits.

There is a toolbar you can download for Firefox that is utterly simple. Just click on the "Stumble!" button then you are off to some of the most interesting sites on the web. There is a log-on and a profile that you can create where you can tailor your stumble to different criteria. Mine include graphic design, photography and guitar. You can also send a stumble to your contacts which I have use quite a lot. Another feature is the "I like it!" button. It works rather like Pandora's thumbs up thumbs down feature and tailors future stumbles to your liking.

I found another tool to integrate StumbleUpon into other applications. I found it as a stumble from StumbleUpon itself. The Buttons & Tools is a another simple code generator that gives you many great options on the size of the button you wish to add to your blog. As you may have noticed I put a StumbleUpon button on the bottom of each of my blog entries. Now an interesting blog entry can be contributed to the global pool of stumbles.

2 comments:

  1. I want to stumble on to you. Your way with words is phenom! Not a huge techie myself, but I enjoy reading your blog here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anonymous! I never fancied myself as writer but having a blog has made me branch out more in that direction. Do you have a blog? I'd love to look at it.

    ReplyDelete